- Project management structure and framework
- Time and cost management, communications, and human resources
- Quality and risk management, procurement, stakeholder management, and project integration
Who is GCPM for?
- Security professionals who are interested in understanding the concepts of IT project management
- Managers who want to understand the critical areas of making projects successful
- Individuals working with time, cost, quality, and risk sensitive projects and applications
- Anyone who would like to learn effective communication techniques
- Anyone in a key or lead engineering/design position who works with project management staff
- Individuals interested in preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam
- 1 proctored exam
- 115 questions
- 3 hours
- Minimum passing score of 70%
NOTE: All GIAC Certification exams are web-based and required to be proctored. There are two proctoring options: remote proctoring through ProctorU, and onsite proctoring through PearsonVUE. Click here for more information.
GIAC certification attempts will be activated in your GIAC account after your application has been approved and according to the terms of your purchase. Details on delivery will be provided along with your registration confirmation upon payment. You will receive an email notification when your certification attempt has been activated in your account. You will have 120 days from the date of activation to complete your certification attempt.
Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements
- Delivery Performance Domain The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of functions and activities associated with delivering the scope, quality, and business value the project was undertaken to achieve.
- Development Approach and Life Cycle Performance Domain The candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of activities and functions associated with the development approach, cadence, and life cycle phases of a project.
- Earned Value Technique EVT The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the earned value technique
- Effective Communication The candidate will demonstrate an ability to plan, manage, and monitor effective communications throughout the course of a project.
- Leadership and Management Strategy The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of leadership theory, including management, conflict management and motivational techniques.
- Managing Project Quality The candidate will demonstrate an ability to ensure project quality requirements are established, measured, met, and validated.
- Measurement Performance Domain The candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of estimating, measurement, assessing project performance, and taking appropriate actions to maintain acceptable performance.
- Planning Performance Domain The candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of activities and functions associated with the initial, ongoing, and evolving organization and coordination of project deliverables.
- Project Management Frameworks and Delivering Value The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of project management frameworks, tailoring, and delivering value.
- Project Management Principles The candidate will demonstrate an ability to identify, combine, and effectively utilize key project management principles.
- Project Work Performance Domain The candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of establishing project processes, managing physical resources, as well as functions needed to purchase or acquire products and services.
- Stakeholder Performance Domain The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of how to identify project stakeholders, how to plan, analyze, manage, and monitor stakeholder engagement.
- Team Performance Domain The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the functions and activities associated with human resource management and realizing business outcomes.
- Uncertainty Performance Domain The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the functions and activities necessary to identify, analyze, manage, respond, and monitor project risk and uncertainty.
- Training is available in a variety of modalities including live training and OnDemand
- Practical work experience can help ensure that you have mastered the skills necessary for certification
- College level courses or self paced study through another program or materials may meet the needs for mastery.
- Get information about the procedure to contest exam results.