- Project management structure and framework
- Time and cost management, communications, and human resources
- Quality and risk management, procurement, stakeholder management, and project integration
Who is GCPM for?
- Security professionals who are interested in understanding the concepts of IT project management
- Managers who want to understand the critical areas of making projects successful
- Individuals working with time, cost, quality, and risk sensitive projects and applications
- Anyone who would like to learn effective communication techniques
- Anyone in a key or lead engineering/design position who works with project management staff
- Individuals interested in preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam
- 1 proctored exam
- 150 questions
- 4 hours
- Minimum passing score of 70%
NOTE: All GIAC Certification exams are web-based and required to be proctored. There are two proctoring options: remote proctoring through ProctorU, and onsite proctoring through PearsonVUE. Click here for more information.
GIAC certification attempts will be activated in your GIAC account after your application has been approved and according to the terms of your purchase. Details on delivery will be provided along with your registration confirmation upon payment. You will receive an email notification when your certification attempt has been activated in your account. You will have 120 days from the date of activation to complete your certification attempt.
Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements
- Earned Value Technique EVT The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the earned value technique
- Leadership and Management Strategy The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of leadership theory, including management, conflict management and motivational techniques.
- Project Communication Management The candidate will be demonstrate an ability to plan, manage, and control communications throughout the course of a project.
- Project Cost Management The candidate will be able to estimate, budget, and control costs of a project
- Project Integration Management The candidate will demonstrate an ability to identify, combine, and coordinate the activites within the Project Management Process
- Project Management Framework and Approach The candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the project management framework
- Project Procurement Management The candidate will be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the processes needed to purchase or acquire products and services
- Project Quality Management The candidate will demonstrate an ability to ensure project requirements are met and validated
- Project Resource Management The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of human resource planning and acquiring, developing and managing a project team.
- Project Risk Management The candidate will demonstrate a knowledge of the processes necessary to manage, responsd, and control risk
- Project Schedule Management The candidate will be able to demonstrate the skills needed to complete a project in a timely fashion.
- Project Scope Management The candidate will be able to validate the project only contains work necessary to complete the project
- Project Stakeholder Management The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of how to identify project stakeholders, how to plan, manage, and control stakeholder engagement.
- Training is available in a variety of modalities including live training and OnDemand
- Practical work experience can help ensure that you have mastered the skills necessary for certification
- College level courses or self paced study through another program or materials may meet the needs for mastery.
- Get information about the procedure to contest exam results.