- Cloud Penetration Testing Fundamentals, Environment Mapping, and Service Discovery
- AWS and Azure Cloud Services and Attacks
- Cloud Native Applications with Containers and CI/CD Pipelines
Who is GCPN for?
- Attack-focused and defense-focused security practitioners
- Penetration testers
- Vulnerability analysts
- Risk assessment officers
- DevOps engineers
- Site reliability engineers
- 1 proctored exam
- 75 questions
- 2 hours
- Minimum passing score of 70%
NOTE: All GIAC Certification exams are web-based and required to be proctored. There are two proctoring options: remote proctoring through ProctorU, and onsite proctoring through PearsonVUE. Click here for more information.
GIAC certification attempts will be activated in your GIAC account after your application has been approved and according to the terms of your purchase. Details on delivery will be provided along with your registration confirmation upon payment. You will receive an email notification when your certification attempt has been activated in your account. You will have 120 days from the date of activation to complete your certification attempt.
Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements
- AWS Authentication and Cloud Services The Candidate will demonstrate understanding of the AWS authentication methods including the structure, policies, and identities used through IAM including Privilege Escalation in the AWS environment. The candidate will demonstrate understanding of the Amazon KMS and Lambda functions and fundamental use of exploitation tools for AWS.
- Azure Functions and Windows Containers The Candidate will demonstrate understanding of the Azure Functions capability and the differences between it and AWS Lambda functions, code execution in the Azure environment including Windows Containers, and the Microsoft Graph tool.
- Cloud CLI and Application Mapping The candidate will demonstrate understanding of AWS and Azure CLI structure and application mapping through APIs and HTTP requests.
- Cloud Native Applications and CI/CD Pipelines The Candidate will demonstrate understanding of examples of cloud native applications and CI/CD pipelines and finding vulnerabilities in them.
- Cloud Penetration Testing Fundamentals The candidate will demonstrate understanding of the fundamentals of penetration testing applied to cloud applications including recon, assessment, discovery and restrictions of cloud environments. The candidate will demonstrate understanding of the structure and configurations of public cloud infrastructures.
- Containers and Kubernetes Structure The Candidate will demonstrate understanding of application deployment in containers as well as the structure and configuration of Kubernetes and service meshes.
- Discovering Cloud Services and Data The Candidate will be able to discover and identify sources of exposure in cloud environments, including exposed ports, services, databases, secrets, and developer tools and repositories.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services and Attacks The Candidate will show understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud services, web identity management and authentication standards, and attacks against Azure users and services.
- Password Attacks on Cloud Environments The Candidate will demonstrate an understanding of username harvesting and password attack methodologies and tools.
- Red Team Penetration Testing of Cloud Environments The Candidate will demonstrate understanding of Red Team penetration testing processes including exploitation and payload development and the tools associated with these concepts.
- Redirection and Attack Obfuscation The Candidate will demonstrate understanding of the process of obfuscation of commands and attack structure through domain fronting and other tools, and pivoting using the proxies, and other methods.
- Web Application Attacks The Candidate will demonstrate understanding of common web application attacks and how they impact cloud native applications and serverless functions.
- Training is available in a variety of modalities including live training and OnDemand.
- Practical work experience can help ensure that you have mastered the skills necessary for certification.
- College level courses or self paced study through another program or materials may meet the needs for mastery.
- Get information about the procedure to contest exam results.
- These tests are a simulation of the real exam allowing you to become familiar with the test engine and style of questions.
- Practice exams are a gauge to determine if your preparation methods are sufficient.
- The practice bank questions are limited so you may encounter the same question on practice tests when multiple practice tests are purchased.
- Practice exams never include actual exam questions.
- Purchase a GCPN practice test here.
- GIAC recommends leveraging additional study methods for test preparation.