- Detecting attacks in the cloud
- Cloud investigations and cyber threat intelligence
- Assessments and automation in AWS and Azure
Who is GCTD for?
- Anyone who performs monitoring, threat detection, or incident response
- Anyone responsible for logging in a cloud environment
- Security Analysts
- Security Engineers
- Security Architects
- Vulnerability Assessors
- Incident Responders
- 1 proctored exam
- 75 questions
- 2 hours
- Minimum passing score of 70%
NOTE: All GIAC Certification exams are web-based and required to be proctored. There are two proctoring options: remote proctoring through ProctorU, and onsite proctoring through PearsonVUE. Click here for more information.
GIAC certification attempts will be activated in your GIAC account after your application has been approved and according to the terms of your purchase. Details on delivery will be provided along with your registration confirmation upon payment. You will receive an email notification when your certification attempt has been activated in your account. You will have 120 days from the date of activation to complete your certification attempt.
Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements
- Automation The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of cloud automation options and the ability to create a simple automated response workflow.
- Cloud Management The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the unique security concerns related to the cloud, as well as a knowledge of cloud access, monitoring, and data collection sources.
- Containers and Cloud Proxies The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of containers and cloud proxy services, as well as common threats and log sources.
- Cyber Threat Intelligence and Threat Hunting The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of types and sources of cyber threat intelligence and their use.
- Data and Vulnerability Management The candidate will demonstrate the ability to conduct a basic vulnerability assessment and perform data discovery activities.
- Host Logging The candidate will demonstrate a hands-on ability to configure and access host-based logs in Microsoft and Amazon cloud environments.
- Inventory and Configuration Tools The candidate will demonstrate the ability to perform inventory discovery tasks and knowledge of cloud configuration tools.
- Monitoring, Detection, and Analysis The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of monitoring and detection tools and perform basic investigation against logs using cloud-based tools.
- Network Logging The candidate will demonstrate a hands-on ability to configure and access network logs in Microsoft and Amazon cloud environments.
- Training is available in a variety of modalities including live conference training, online, and self-study.
- Practical work experience can help ensure that you have mastered the skills necessary for certification.
- College-level courses or study through another program may meet the needs for mastery.
- The procedure to contest exam results can be found at https://www.giac.org/policies/feedback
- These tests are a simulation of the real exam allowing you to become familiar with the test engine and style of questions.
- Practice exams are a gauge to determine if your preparation methods are sufficient.
- The practice bank questions are limited so you may encounter the same question on practice tests when multiple practice tests are purchased.
- Practice exams never include actual exam questions.
- Purchase a GCTD practice test here.
- GIAC recommends leveraging additional study methods for test preparation.