- Vulnerability assessment framework planning and methodology in an enterprise environment
- Discovery and validation of vulnerabilities using tactics like network scanning and PowerShell scripting
- Remediation and reporting techniques utilizing proper data management
Who is GEVA for?
- Vulnerability Assessors
- IT System Administrators
- Security Auditors
- Compliance Professionals
- Penetration Testers
- Vulnerability Program Managers
- Security Analysts
- Security Architects
- Senior Security Engineers
- Technical Security Managers
- 1 proctored exam
- 75 questions
- 2 hours
- Minimum passing score of 71%
NOTE: All GIAC Certification exams are web-based and required to be proctored. There are two proctoring options: remote proctoring through ProctorU, and onsite proctoring through PearsonVUE. Click here for more information.
GIAC certification attempts will be activated in your GIAC account after your application has been approved and according to the terms of your purchase. Details on delivery will be provided along with your registration confirmation upon payment. You will receive an email notification when your certification attempt has been activated in your account. You will have 120 days from the date of activation to complete your certification attempt.
Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements
- Application and Configuration Discovery The candidate will demonstrate understanding of scanning and discovery techniques to find application and configuration vulnerabilities.
- Authentication and Configuration Auditing The candidate will demonstrate understanding of validating vulnerabilities specific to authentication systems and host/service configurations.
- Data Management and Collaboration Strategies The candidate will demonstrate understanding of vulnerability and configuration data management as well as team collaboration.
- Intelligence and Threat Modeling The candidate will demonstrate understanding of performing and applying intelligence and threat modeling within a vulnerability assessment.
- Network-based Discovery The candidate will demonstrate understanding of network-based scanning and discovery methods and techniques.
- Reconnaissance, Scanning, and Vulnerability Fundamentals The candidate will demonstrate understanding of reconnaissance and scanning fundamentals.
- Remediation Concepts and Vulnerability Assessment Reporting The candidate will demonstrate understanding of remediation concepts and vulnerability assessment reporting.
- Validation and Risk Essentials The candidate will demonstrate understanding of essential risk methodologies and how these inform vulnerability validation.
- Vulnerability Assessment Methodology The candidate will demonstrate understanding of the fundamental theories and process of planning and performing a vulnerability assessment.
- Vulnerability Validation and Enumeration Fundamentals The candidate will demonstrate understanding of vulnerability validation techniques and value.
- Training is available in a variety of modalities including live training and OnDemand
- Practical work experience can help ensure that you have mastered the skills necessary for certification
- College level courses or self paced study through another program or materials may meet the needs for mastery.
- Get information about the procedure to contest exam results.