- Incident Handling and Computer Crime Investigation
- Computer and Network Hacker Exploits
Who is GX-IH for?
- Hacker techniques expert
- Incident response expert
- Strong desire to demonstrate superior hands-on capabilities compared to one's peers
- Expand your portfolio
- Demonstrate your next level skills
- Continue your journey to becoming an expert
- 1 proctored exam
- Open book, open notes
- Time limit 4 hour
- 25 CyberLive - hands-on, real-world practical testing. CyberLive testing creates a lab environment where cyber practitioners prove their knowledge, understanding, and skill using:
- Actual programs
- Actual code
- Virtual machines
Find out more about CyberLive here.
NOTE: GIAC reserves the right to change the specifications for each certification without notice.To verify the format read the Certification Information found in your account at https://exams.giac.org/pages/attempts.
NOTE: All GIAC Certification exams are web-based and required to be proctored. There are two proctoring options: remote proctoring through ProctorU, and onsite proctoring through PearsonVUE. Click here for more information.
GIAC certification attempts will be activated in your GIAC account after your application has been approved and according to the terms of your purchase. Details on delivery will be provided along with your registration confirmation upon payment. You will receive an email notification when your certification attempt has been activated in your account. You will have 120 days from the date of activation to complete your certification attempt.
Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements
- Command-Line Security and Analysis The candidate will review a history of commands and determine the purpose of an attacker's work, use netcat, and analyze Windows Alternate Data Streams for hidden data
- In-Depth Attack Analysis The candidate will perform a multi-part attack or task, centering on both Windows and Linux/Unix-based skills.
- Incident Investigation The candidate will investigate a Linux system, examine a compromised Windows machine, and search through logs or performing live analysis on a computer to identify the scope or nature of an incident.
- Infrastructure Analysis The candidate will perform cloud scanning, vulnerability assessment, and collect information using the DNS protocol
- Password Attacks and Analysis The candidate will perform a password guessing attack and perform analysis on a password attack based on log files or system tools.
- Pivoting The candidate will pivot through a middle point to a target.
- Protocol Security and Attacks The candidate will review vulnerabilities with an expert perspective, including the ability to verify and prioritize vulnerabilities and identify false positives, and perform tasks to identify vulnerabilities and security improvements in services like SMB, FTP/SFTP, SCP.
- Reconnaissance The candidate will run a scan against a local host or network for open ports.
- Website Security The candidate will perform web application and injection attacks against a website
- Affiliate Training - SEC504 (Primary fit course*), SEC450, SEC501, SEC503, SEC560, SEC505, FOR610, FOR508, FOR500
- Practical work experience can help ensure that you have mastered the skills necessary for certification.
- Review information provided for exam preparation.
- Get information about the procedure to contest exam results.
*Courses that include a "primary fit course" designation have the most closely aligned content but do not include all of the content, tools, and platforms that could included in testing on the Applied Knowledge exam.
- These questions allow a candidate to experience the exam style and complexity in the environment used during the certification exam.
- Demo questions are never included in the actual certification exam.
- The demo questions include 3 questions, and the student has 45 minutes to complete. Note that the average time per question is not as fast paced as the actual exam attempt.
- Limited demo questions per exam are available so you will receive repetitive questions if multiple Demo Questions are purchased.
- Demo questions are nontransferable.
- GIAC recommends leveraging additional study methods for test preparation.