- Asset Security
- Communications and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management
- Security and Risk Management
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Engineering
- Security Operation
- Software Development Security
Who is GISP for?
- Security Professionals who want to understand the concepts covered in the CISSP® exam as determined by (ISC)2
- System administrators
- Security administrators
- Network administrators
- Security managers
- 1 proctored exam
- 250 questions
- 5 hours
- Minimum passing score of 70%
NOTE: All GIAC Certification exams are web-based and required to be proctored. There are two proctoring options: remote proctoring through ProctorU, and onsite proctoring through PearsonVUE. Click here for more information.
GIAC certification attempts will be activated in your GIAC account after your application has been approved and according to the terms of your purchase. Details on delivery will be provided along with your registration confirmation upon payment. You will receive an email notification when your certification attempt has been activated in your account. You will have 120 days from the date of activation to complete your certification attempt.
Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements
- Asset Security The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of asset management and classification, including access controls, handling and retention requirements.
- Communication and Network Security The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of network security, including secure architecture, network protocols, security controls and devices, and common network attacks.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of identity management concepts and controls including AAA, passwords, tokens, biometrics, federation, and common threats.
- Security and Risk Management The candidate will demonstrate and understanding of security risk management and business continuity practices, including legal and regulatory compliance, security policies, and governance principles.
- Security Architecture and Engineering The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of secure engineering architecture and implementation for systems in networked, web based, and mobile environments and mitigating common vulnerabilities.
- Security Assessment and Testing The candidate will demonstrate the ability to design, perform, and analyze security tests
- Security Operations The candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the managerial, administrative, operational aspects of information security.
- Software Development Security The candidate will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the key security principles related to secure application development.
- Training is available in a variety of modalities including live training and OnDemand
- Practical work experience can help ensure that you have mastered the skills necessary for certification
- College level courses or self paced study through another program or materials may meet the needs for mastery.
- Get information about the procedure to contest exam results.