- Business Policies and Compliance
- Contracts and Third Party Agreements
- Data Retention and E-Discovery
- Fraud and Misuse
- Cybersecurity and Investigations
- Intellectual Property, Privacy and PII
Who is GLEG for?
- Security and IT professionals
- Technology managers
- Compliance officers
- Law enforcement personnel
- Privacy officers
- Penetration testers
- Cyber incident and emergency responders
- 1 proctored exam
- 75 questions
- 2 hours
- Minimum passing score of 70.7%
Note: GIAC reserves the right to change the specifications for each certification without notice. Based on a scientific passing point study, the passing point for the GLEG exam has been determined to be 70.7% for all candidates receiving access to their certification attempts on or after October 7th, 2010. To verify the format and passing point of your specific certification attempt, read the Certification Information found in your account at https://exams.giac.org/pages/attempts.
NOTE: All GIAC Certification exams are web-based and required to be proctored. There are two proctoring options: remote proctoring through ProctorU, and onsite proctoring through PearsonVUE. Click here for more information.
GIAC certification attempts will be activated in your GIAC account after your application has been approved and according to the terms of your purchase. Details on delivery will be provided along with your registration confirmation upon payment. You will receive an email notification when your certification attempt has been activated in your account. You will have 120 days from the date of activation to complete your certification attempt.
Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements
- Business Policies and Compliance The candidate will be demonstrate familiarity with common regulatory compliance mandates, as well as developing IT security policies with defensibility in mind, and understanding the risks and legal impacts current and emerging technologies pose to information assets.
- Contracts and Third Party Agreements The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of how to protect an organization's information assets in all third party contracts and agreements, including terms of service, working with independent contractors, affiliates and data sharing, business services, online/web agreements and electronic signatures.
- Data Retention and E-Discovery The candidate will demonstrate understanding of E-Discovery and Record Retention laws and regulations, familiarity with high profile cases, and organizational controls used to comply with retention requirements.
- Fraud and Misuse The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of fraud and cyber crime laws, familiarity with high profile cases, and developing reports in response to cyber crime, forensics, incident response, and other types of investigations.
- Intellectual Property The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the different types of Intellectual Property (IP), legal protections available, and risks to an organization's IP.
- Privacy and PII The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of Privacy laws and regulations, familiarity with high profile cases, liability issues, and responding to privacy breaches.
- Training is available in a variety of modalities including live training and OnDemand
- Practical work experience can help ensure that you have mastered the skills necessary for certification
- College level courses or self paced study through another program or materials may meet the needs for mastery.
- Get information about the procedure to contest exam results.
- These tests are a simulation of the real exam allowing you to become familiar with the test engine and style of questions.
- Practice exams are a gauge to determine if your preparation methods are sufficient.
- The practice bank questions are limited so you may encounter the same question on practice tests when multiple practice tests are purchased.
- Practice exams never include actual exam questions.
- Purchase a GLEG practice test here.
- GIAC recommends leveraging additional study methods for test preparation.