- Business and Threat Analysis
- Security Programs and Security Policy
- Effective Leadership and Communications
Who is GSTRT for?
- Information security officers
- Security directors
- Security managers
- Aspiring security leaders
- Other security personnel who have team lead or management responsibilities
- 1 proctored exam
- 75 questions
- 3 hours
- Minimum passing score of 73%
NOTE: All GIAC Certification exams are web-based and required to be proctored. There are two proctoring options: remote proctoring through ProctorU, and onsite proctoring through PearsonVUE. Click here for more information.
GIAC certification attempts will be activated in your GIAC account after your application has been approved and according to the terms of your purchase. Details on delivery will be provided along with your registration confirmation upon payment. You will receive an email notification when your certification attempt has been activated in your account. You will have 120 days from the date of activation to complete your certification attempt.
Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements
- Effective Management & Comms The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of effective team management and communication techniques
- Leadership & Change The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of leadership and leading organizational change
- Policy Development The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of security principles, policies, and procedures, and be able to develop effective security policies
- Policy Management The candidate will demonstrate the ability to assess, manage, and improve security policies and procedures
- Security Program Analysis The candidate will understand how to analyze a company's current security program and future needs while taking organizational values and culture into account
- Security Program Development The candidate will be able to develop a security roadmap and build a complete program including business case, metrics, and socialization of the program
- Understanding the Business The candidate will understand vision and mission as the pertain to business, key stake holders, as well as business analysis techniques
- Understanding the Threats The candidate will understand threat actors and motivations and be able to perform threat analysis.
- Training is available in a variety of modalities including live training and OnDemand
- Practical work experience can help ensure that you have mastered the skills necessary for certification
- College level courses or self paced study through another program or materials may meet the needs for mastery.
- Get information about the procedure to contest exam results.