- Web application overview, authentication attacks, and configuration testing
- Web application session management, SQL injection attacks, and testing tools
- Cross site request forgery and scripting, client injection attack, reconnaissance and mapping
Who is GWAPT for?
- Security practitioners
- Penetration testers
- Ethical hackers
- Web application developers
- Website designers and architects
GWAPT with CyberLive
GIAC knows that cyber security professionals need:
- Discipline-specific certifications
- Practical testing that validates their knowledge and hands-on skills
In response to this industry-wide need, GIAC developed CyberLive - hands-on, real-world practical testing.
CyberLive testing creates a lab environment where cyber practitioners prove their knowledge, understanding, and skill using:
- Actual programs
- Actual code
- Virtual machines
Candidates are asked practical questions that require performance of real-world-like tasks that mimic specialized job roles.
- 1 proctored exam
- 82-115 questions
- 2-3 hours
- Minimum passing score of 71%
Note: GIAC reserves the right to change the specifications for each certification without notice. Based on a scientific passing point study, the passing point for the GWAPT exam has been determined to be 71% for all candidates receiving access to their certification attempts on or after May 16th, 2016. To verify the format and passing point of your specific certification attempt, read the Certification Information found in your account at https://exams.giac.org/pages/attempts.
NOTE: All GIAC Certification exams are web-based and required to be proctored. There are two proctoring options: remote proctoring through ProctorU, and onsite proctoring through PearsonVUE. Click here for more information.
GIAC certification attempts will be activated in your GIAC account after your application has been approved and according to the terms of your purchase. Details on delivery will be provided along with your registration confirmation upon payment. You will receive an email notification when your certification attempt has been activated in your account. You will have 120 days from the date of activation to complete your certification attempt.
Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements
- Cross Site Request Forgery, Cross Site Scripting and Client Injection Attack The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of Cross Site Request Forgery, Cross Site Scripting and Client Injection attacks and the tools and techniques used to discover and exploit vulnerabilities.
- Reconnaissance and Mapping The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the techniques used to conduct discovery, exploration and investigation of a web site and web application features such as port scanning, identifying services and configurations, spidering, application flow charting and session analysis.
- Web Application Authentication Attacks The candidate will demonstrate a familiarity with the process and mechanisms used to secure web applications by authentication, how to enumerate users and how to bypass and exploit weak authentication.
- Web Application Configuration Testing The candidate will demonstrate a familiarity with the tools and techniques used to audit and identify flaws in the design or implementation in the configuration of a web site.
- Web Application Overview The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of the technologies, programming languages and structures that are involved in the construction and implementation of a web site such as HTTP, HTTPS and AJAX within the context of security, vulnerabilities and basic operation.
- Web Application Session Management The candidate will demonstrate an understanding of how a web application manages client sessions, tracks user activity and uses SSL/TLS in modern web communications as well as the attacks that can be leveraged against flaws in session state.
- Web Application SQL Injection Attacks The candidate will demonstrate a familiarity with the techniques used to audit and test the security of web applications using SQL injection attacks and how to identify SQL injection vulnerabilities in applications.
- Training is available in a variety of modalities including live training and OnDemand
- Practical work experience can help ensure that you have mastered the skills necessary for certification
- College level courses or self paced study through another program or materials may meet the needs for mastery.
- Get information about the procedure to contest exam results.