The GSOM certification is now available for pre-sale in conjunction with affiliated SANS training. GSOM will be available to the public in late February 2022.
SANS MGT551 alumni will be eligible to challenge the GSOM exam. Alumni of MGT551 will receive a special offer email with a discount code after the exam goes live in early March 2022.
- Designing, planning, and managing an effective SOC program
- Prioritization and collection of logs, development of alert use cases, and response playbook generation
- Selecting metrics, analytics, and long-term strategy to assess and continuously improve SOC operations
Who is GSOM for?
- Security Operations Center Managers or Leads
- Security Directors
- New Security Operations Team Members
- Lead / Senior SOC Analysts
- Technical CISOs and Security Directors
NOTE: All GIAC Certification exams are web-based and required to be proctored. There are two proctoring options: remote proctoring through ProctorU, and onsite proctoring through PearsonVUE. Click here for more information.
GIAC certification attempts will be activated in your GIAC account after your application has been approved and according to the terms of your purchase. Details on delivery will be provided along with your registration confirmation upon payment. You will receive an email notification when your certification attempt has been activated in your account. You will have 120 days from the date of activation to complete your certification attempt.
- Training is available in a variety of modalities including live conference training, online, and self-study.
- Practical work experience can help ensure that you have mastered the skills necessary for certification
- College-level courses or study through another program may meet the needs for mastery.
- The procedure to contest exam results can be found at https://www.giac.org/policies/feedback.