All general, non-emergency GIAC related questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, including questions on:
- Policies and Procedures
- Certification Availability or Pricing
- Questions specific to your account, including current or completed certification attempts,
- problems logging into your portal account, etc. Emergencies should not be sent to this address.
This email is monitored evenings and weekends. Emergency situations should be sent here, including:
- Practice test problems.
- Technical exam problems. Please include a full description of the problem, the time it occurred, and any specific error you might have received. Also include your portal email address, SD number and exam ID number.
Inquiries related to renewing current or expired certifications.
Inquires related to printed GIAC certifications.
Inquiries related to scheduling a proctored exam
Inquiries related to participation in standard setting projects you have been invited to participate in. This includes exam development projects such as passing point studies, job task analyses, question development, etc.
Issues related to the website.
For GIAC Gold grievances please see the GIAC Gold page.
GIAC Exam Feedback
While taking you exam, you have the ability to mark questions for review. You will NOT be a able to go back and answer these questions again. When you complete your exam, you will have an opportunity to comment on questions you marked for review during the exam through the exam feedback form. Please note: for security reasons, you will NOT be able to view the answer options for marked questions in the exam feedback form.
Your feedback is a valuable resource for us. GIAC Technical Directors review all feedback during scheduled audit cycles for each exam and every comment is taken very seriously. Due to policies put in place to ensure fairness in grading for all certification candidates, GIAC does NOT award credit on commented exam questions. However, your comments will still be used to improve the exam. If you have specific comments or questions, please provide as much information as possible.
At this time, comments about the following areas are being accepted:
- Typographical errors (spacing, formatting, etc.)
- Spelling and grammatical errors
- Technical inaccuracies
- Questions appearing to have more than one right answer
You will receive an email acknowledgement of your feedback submission to indicate your comments have been received. This will be the only communication provided regarding question comments. If you require support beyond exam question comments regarding proctors, technical support, website feedback, or general information, visit our contact page.