Establishing and maintaining a security operations center (SOC) that can identify and respond to issues is an essential part of defending any enterprise.
- With the widespread adoption of cloud computing technology in recent years, public cloud service providers are now part of most enterprises in some capacity.
- With the NEW GIAC Foundational Cybersecurity Technologies (GFACT) certification, anyone – regardless of their experience level and tech know-how – can make the shift into cyber.
GIAC's cloud security certifications are designed to help practitioners master the practical steps to defend the cloud against the most dangerous threats – and GIAC's newest certification, GIAC Cloud Security Essentials (GCLD), is no exception.
- GIAC Certifications, known for providing the highest standard in cybersecurity certifications, has launched a new certification: GIAC Cloud Penetration Tester (GCPN).
- Despite the economic, social, and political changes that have taken place across the globe due to Covid-19, the importance of information security hasn't changed.
2020-04-27 - GIAC Certifications Launches Remote Proctoring
GIAC Certifications, known for providing the highest standard in cyber security certifications, recognizes the significant role that technology is playing in all our lives at this unique point in time. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused disruptions around the world, including the mandatory closure of testing centers.
GIAC Certifications, known for providing the highest standard in cyber security certifications, has launched a new certification: GIAC Cloud Security Automation.
GIAC Certifications, a certification body and an affiliate of the SANS Institute, today announced the Trust Me, I'm Certified podcast series.
GIAC Certifications, known for providing the highest standard in cyber security certifications, has launched a new certification: GIAC Enterprise Vulnerability Assessor.
GIAC Certifications, known for providing the highest standard in cyber security certifications, has launched a new certification: GIAC Defensible Security Architecture (GDSA).
GIAC Certifications, known for providing the highest standard in cyber security certifications, has launched a new certification: GIAC Defending Advanced Threats (GDAT).
- The new GIAC Advanced Smartphone Forensics is for professionals who want to demonstrate that they are qualified to perform forensic examinations on devices such as mobile phones and tablets.
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), the leading provider and developer of Cyber Security Certifications, has launched a new certification for Python Code (GPYC).
- GIAC Awards Titles to Duncan del Toro and Daniel Lam
- Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC, the leading provider and developer of Cyber Security Certifications), has launched a new certification for Continuous Monitoring, GMON.
2014-12-23 - Key industries train to thwart cyber attacks
- While the nation has focused on the dramatic cyber attack against Sony Pictures and the recent hacking of Target and Home Depot, cybersecurity experts say the greater danger is that terrorists will go after the nation's critical infrastructure -- its airports, water treatment plants, power companies, oil refineries and chemical plants.
- Industrial corporations are beginning to train "cyber defenders" at a record rate, but the number of trained and certified employees who can defend their companies' equipment and systems against skilled attackers falls far short of the need.
- CyberCity, as it's called, serves as a training ground for a new class of specialized "cyber warriors," capable of defending against cyber attack. Every day, soldiers plot to take over the town, by hacking into its schools, its water systems, its power grid, and its Internet, as colleagues and instructors watch on screens in the other room.
- America's critical infrastructure- the utilities, refineries, military defense systems, water treatment plants and other facilities on which we depend every day- has become its soft underbelly, the place where we are now most vulnerable to attack.
2014-08-12 - Ernie Hayden breaks downs the GICSP Certification
- A new SANS Institute certification, GICSP, could prove useful to industrial control system (ICS) security professionals. Expert Ernie Hayden explains the certification and how to prepare for the exam.
2014-08-12 - Bridging the IT security skills gap
- While poaching security talent may plug short-term gaps, outreach and education will solve the long-term shortfall in IT security professionals.
2014-07-17 - How Russians Stole the NASDAQ
- In October 2010, a Federal Bureau of Investigation system monitoring U.S. Internet traffic picked up an alert. The signal was coming from Nasdaq. It looked like malware had snuck into the company's central servers. There were indications that the intruder was not a kid somewhere, but the intelligence agency of another country.
- Weak and stolen passwords, poorly configured systems and error-riddled applications are at the core of nearly every data breach and security incident, according to the 2014 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report, the security industry's annual analysis of data breaches, released Tuesday.
2014-02-25 - 20 Technology Certifications that are Paying Off
- Certifications ranging from software lifecycle management to cloud and database architecture to project management are hot skill areas for the year ahead.
- I live in Houston, the fourth largest city in the United States. On the southeastern outskirts of metropolitan Houston are the vast industrial complexes of some of the world's largest petrochemical plants. When viewed at night, these brightly lit complexes look like massive cities unto themselves - and in a way, that's what they are.