- Anomaly detection and optimization
- Convolutional neural networks
- Data acquisition
- Data exploration and visualization
- Data manipulation and analysis
- Deep learning neural networks
- Inferential statistics and probability
- Loss functions
- Probability and inference
- Python scripting
- Supervised and unsupervised learning
Who is GMLE for?
- Data scientists
- Forensic analysts
- Infosec professionals who want to understand machine learning
- Security analysts
- Security engineers
GMLE with CyberLive
GIAC knows that cyber security professionals need:
- Discipline-specific certifications
- Practical testing that validates their knowledge and hands-on skills
In response to this industry-wide need, GIAC developed CyberLive - hands-on, real-world practical testing.
CyberLive testing creates a lab environment where cyber practitioners prove their knowledge, understanding, and skill using:
- Actual programs
- Actual code
- Virtual machines
Candidates are asked practical questions that require performance of real-world-like tasks that mimic specialized job roles.
- 1 proctored exam
- 82 questions
- 3 hours
- Minimum passing score of 65%
NOTE: All GIAC Certification exams are web-based and required to be proctored. There are two proctoring options: remote proctoring through ProctorU, and onsite proctoring through PearsonVUE. Click here for more information.
GIAC certification attempts will be activated in your GIAC account after your application has been approved and according to the terms of your purchase. Details on delivery will be provided along with your registration confirmation upon payment. You will receive an email notification when your certification attempt has been activated in your account. You will have 120 days from the date of activation to complete your certification attempt.
Exam Certification Objectives & Outcome Statements
- Anomaly Detection and Optimization The candidate will demonstrate a fundamental understanding autoencoders and how they are used in anomaly detection problems. The candidate will also demonstrate a fundamental understanding of how genetic algorithms are applied to automate the optimization of neural networks.
- Clustering The candidate will demonstrate a fundamental understanding of machine learning concepts such as clustering, and unsupervised machine learning.
- Convolutional Neural Networks The candidate will demonstrate a fundamental understanding of how convolutional neural networks are used to solve classification problems as well as for predictive analytics.
- Data Acquisition The candidate will demonstrate a fundamental understanding of data acquisition, cleaning, and manipulation terminology and the steps necessary to prepare threat data for additional threat hunting analysis. The candidate will demonstrate familiarity with accessing data from SQL, document stores, and by web scraping.
- Leveraging Python The candidate will demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the Python scripting language and modules such as NumPy, Pandas, and TensorFlow and how to leverage them to extract, visualize, transform, and load data.
- Neural Networks The candidate will demonstrate a fundamental understanding of deep learning concepts using neural networks for supervised machine learning. Candidates will demonstrate an understanding of loss and error functions, vectors, matrices and tensors.
- Probability and Frequency The candidate will demonstrate a fundamental understanding of probability theory, inference, the Bayes theorem and Fourier series.
- Regressions The candidate will demonstrate a fundamental understanding of regressions and their application in deep learning.
- Statistics Fundamentals The candidate will demonstrate a fundamental understanding of statistics and how it is applied to data science for threat hunting use cases. The candidate will demonstrate familiarity with terminology such as mean, and median.
- Supervised Learning The candidate will demonstrate a fundamental understanding of support vector classifiers, kernel functions, support vector machines, decision trees and random forests.
- Training is available in a variety of modalities including live training and OnDemand.
- Practical work experience can help ensure that you have mastered the skills necessary for certification.
- College level courses or self paced study through another program or materials may meet the needs for mastery.
- Get information about the procedure to contest exam results.
- These tests are a simulation of the real exam allowing you to become familiar with the test engine and style of questions.
- Practice exams are a gauge to determine if your preparation methods are sufficient.
- The practice bank questions are limited so you may encounter the same question on practice tests when multiple practice tests are purchased.
- Practice exams never include actual exam questions.
- Purchase a GMLE practice test here.
- GIAC recommends leveraging additional study methods for test preparation.